What Is Tarmac?
Tarmacadam, usually called Tarmac, is a strong, durable and weather-resistant surfacing made up of crushed stone coated in tar. It enables very good grip and is good at deterring ice & snow build up in cold weather conditions, making it safer than other choices. Compared to Asphalt, it is also less prone to damage by fluctuating weather conditions.
Advantages Of Tarmac
Due to tarmacs simple composition, it is cheaper and easier to install than asphalt, and asphalt concrete. This also results in less money spent on labour, with those savings directed straight to you. Should any maintenance be required, it’s simple nature results in a fast project completion with minimal inconvenience. It is also great for the environment, as tarmac can be dug up and reused indefinitely, with next to no materials wasted.
Commercial Tarmac Surfacing
In a commercial application, its distinct dark colour helps to bring out road markings. If you’re looking for commercial tarmac surfacing, check out our dedicated page here.
Why should you choose County Groundworks Ltd.?
- Checked, vetted & monitored
- Prompt, friendly, & professional service
- All work is fully guaranteed
- Hassle-free from design to competition
- Free no-obligation quotations
- Fully insured public liability
- 100% customer satisfaction guaranteed
- No upfront deposit required